Monday, July 09, 2007

My bellydancing concert 2007

Who would've thought my blog would come in handy again...especially as it's been dormant ever since I returned from Germany. Ahhh, Hamburg, what a far and distant dream. Wish I could go back there.

But enough of this wistfulness.

On Friday, 6 July, I was part of a group of women who took part in the Soma Tribal Fusion Bellydancing concert at Westerford High in Rondebosch. Below are the pictures that were taken backstage for those who were unable to attend my performance.

Let me tell you, it was a real pleasure performing on stage. It was such a rush. Christelle and performed in the opening dance, which went off without a hitch. My second dance was also a veil dance (which, I didn't know that well, but I was confident I could pull it off;-). The fact that I caught up in one of drops that served as a prop on stage did not bother me too much although it provided some comic relief for those who knew me in the audience. I must admit to looking forward to the next concert/performance. It was a bit stressful putting together a costume from scratch, but now I've got some experience of making a costume and next time I'll not start from scratch as I've acquired quite a couple of useful items.

So, I hope you enjoy the selection of pictures below and remember to feel free to post comments.

Much love
Abi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home