Monday, November 06, 2006

Pronto Condoms

Today some South African and his inventiveness made me proud to be a South African. I pay tribute to Willem van Rensburg, designer of Pronto Condoms, which can be opened and put on within a second - according to the BBC. It's great that a South African took the time to come up with a condom that can be easily unwrapped and used, especially since South Africa has the highest incidence of HIV/Aids in the world because people there are so reluctant to use condoms.

Another reason why Van Rensburg and his product should be praised is because of the wonderfully witty adverts, which seek to promote the product. I don't suppose these ads will ever make it onto SA TV because although they come with a disclaimer, that they are just "light-hearted", they poke some serious fun at controversial figures like Manto Tshabalala-Msimang and our beloved former deputy pres. Jacob Zuma.

So, with this post I'm doing my part to promote Pronto Condoms, not only because I think it's a great product, but because I want to applaud the maker of this product for taking the initiative and coming up with a truly South African solution to a very serious problem affecting many South Africans. I find it strange that I had to read about this product on BBC. Why does News24 not have this story in a more prominent place? Any way, all the readers of this blog do yourselves a favour and check out www.prontocondoms.co.za Click on the adverts link and check out the cool jabs at the above-mentioned public figures and enjoy it!

Until next time.
Tschuss (German 101 - Bye)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home