Sunday, November 12, 2006

Recovering from a lovely weekend

I'm going to keep this one short. I need to get to bed badly! However, not before I give you a brief summary of my weekend.

It started out without incident on Friday when I was toying with the idea of going to a cocktail party being thrown for Erasmus students (they are students from other European countries). I started on a new hospital drama, which you should've heard from, Scrubs and when it got to 22:00, when the party started, I couldn't drag my lazy bum out of bed. Reckoned I needed an early night after the late hours I'd been keeping (never going to bed earlier than 00:30) throughout the week.

Saturday morning started uneventful enough, I met up with Bryan to watch the SA v. Ireland rugby match (waste of time since Bokke lost) and had my first Alsterwasser (Alster= river in Hamburg, Wasser= water, but in fact it's a beer shandy). That evening there was yet another party being held in our res bar. Bryan and I started the night on vodka shooters, so I decided to keep to the vodka and kept on ordering vodka (instead of tequila) sunrises. The music they were playing was nice, Bryan and I got down and danced. Got to bed at 3am and couldn't sleep later than 9:45 am - blasted alcohol. Met up with Peter, this lovely Hamburger Tessa introduced me to, and he was my guide for an extensive tour of the city centre, where all the sights are within in walking distance.... who would've thought.

Nothing came of my good intentions to work on some of my presentations and assignments, but lucky they only have to be in, in two weeks time, so I've still got time.

Blast! This post was supposed to be short. What happened?
Keep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home