Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back from 'outta space'

Even though it's 1:12 am I thought I'd post before going to sleep because it's been just so long since I last posted. Well, I survived the week of presentations and assignments. This week it's more of the same (and every week I'll have something to hand in), but I got a headstart since I've practically finished the thing I have to hand in on Tuesday and the presentation on Thursday will be done in the week sometime...I've not yet morphed into such a nerd that I would finish presentations due on Thursday on Sunday already.

Why the diligence, you might ask. Tonight I'm going to the theatre with Peter. We'll be seeing a piece in Platt Deutsch (a dialect spoken here in the North), which is quite similar to Dutch I hear, but we'll see how much I understand tomorrow evening. Next Monday Peter and I have another theatre date. We'll be seeing a Midsummer Nights Dream in German - should be fun.

I had dinner Saturday night with Peter, Bernd (Peter's ex) and Frank (Bernd's current). Of course the food (medium-rare beef with bearnaise sauce and lovely veggies, soup, cheese and dessert) was lovely and the company very entertaining although I do suspect I was the main attraction because I sure did a lot of talking in German nogal! Any way Bernd and Frank are great and Frank lives near the station where I get off for Varsity, so I'll definitely go visit him. Thanks again Tessiebear for hooking me up with Peter.

The Friday night I had Thanksgiving dinner with the people from my class. In true coloured style (and I was the only coloured around) we were told to be there at 7pm, but only started eating at circa 10pm. Everyone was drunkenly ravenous and the food was really nice. I don't know what they put in that stuffing that came with the turkey, but it was good, but so was the vegetables and the salad...yip Americans must stop hanging out at Wendy's and McD's and stay home and cook cause they can actually cook. I'm getting hungry just thinking of that lekker food. Left that party way too late, but luckily I could hang out in my PJ's the whole of Saturday watching the new season of Lost...bliss!

Now I'm off to bed with a great sense of accomplishment. You can from now on start to visit this blog regularly again since I'm sure I'll manage my time and assignments/class prep a lot better this week:)

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home